Hi,

> There is one problem yet, if i have two CE1 CE2 sharing one torque server
> and if i want to disable a queue only on CE1 , while CE2 would continue
> to using the queue, the only current way ,i see, to do it is to:
> modify the /opt/lcg/var/gip/ldif/static-file-CE.ldif file
> and also temporarily remove lcg-info-dynamic-ce from
> /opt/lcg/var/gip/plugin.
>
> Another possible ways:
> 1)is to moify the /opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-pbs
> to read the GlueCEStateStatus from some configuration file which the admin
> would change upon need, which would ovveride or avoid quering the enabled
> & started values from pbs.
>
> 2)Or modify /opt/lcg/var/gip/ldif/static-file-CE.ldif and if
> /opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-pbs has GlueCEStateStatus != Production,
> avoid quering pbs , and print the GlueCEStateStatus from
> static-file-CE.ldif instead.
>
>  Please correct me if i'm wrong. If i'am correct could the developers
> be asked to modify /opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-(pbs|lsf|condor)
> according to 1 or 2?

I fully agree.

Actually something like that is already implemented in the information
providers for LSF, version >2.0. They come with a configuration
file /opt/glite/etc/lcg-info-dynamic-lsf.conf in which one can define a
parameter LSF_CE_DEFAULT_STATUS. If this parameter is either undefined or set
to DEFAULT, the information providers will put the CE status to what
corresponds to the queue status, i.e. draining if a queue schedules jobs but
does not accept new jobs, closed if the queue is closed and scheduling is
disabled, queueing if scheduling is disabled but queuing is on. This default
behaviour can be overriden by setting LSF_CE_DEFAULT_STATUS  to one of
  Production
  Queueing
   Draining
   Closed
At CERN we have a mechanism to put machines into standby or maintenance. If
the CE node status changes to standby, a small script changes the setting of
LSF_CE_DEFAULT_STATUS  to draining, or closed in case of maintenance.

Maybe this scheme could be implemented for pbs, too.

Cheers,
Ulrich