 Hi again,

> > so shouldn't we just change the /opt/lcg/var/gip/ldif/static-file-
> > CE.ldif file
> > instead  , or there is a better way?
> >

> That is correct thing to do.

 i've just looked at /opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-(pbs|lsf|condor) code
and it already does change the queue GlueCEStateStatus value according to
the underlying LRMS queue state. For example for pbs it checks the
queue current values of enabled and started to decide the
GlueCEStateStatus value.
So a correct way to set Closed state dteam queue on pbs would be:
qmgr -c "set queue dteam enabled = False"
qmgr -c "set queue dteam started = False"

to set Draining state:
qmgr -c "set queue dteam enabled = False"
qmgr -c "set queue dteam started = True"

to set Queueing state:
qmgr -c "set queue dteam enabled = True"
qmgr -c "set queue dteam started = False"

and Production state
qmgr -c "set queue dteam enabled = True"
qmgr -c "set queue dteam started = True"

Since if we just change the /opt/lcg/var/gip/ldif/static-file-CE.ldif
without changing enabled & started state it will be overiden by
output from /opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-(pbs|lsf|condor).

There is one problem yet, if i have two CE1 CE2 sharing one torque server
and if i want to disable a queue only on CE1 , while CE2 would continue
to using the queue, the only current way ,i see, to do it is to:
modify the /opt/lcg/var/gip/ldif/static-file-CE.ldif file
and also temporarily remove lcg-info-dynamic-ce from
/opt/lcg/var/gip/plugin.

Another possible ways:
1)is to moify the /opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-pbs
to read the GlueCEStateStatus from some configuration file which the admin
would change upon need, which would ovveride or avoid quering the enabled
& started values from pbs.

2)Or modify /opt/lcg/var/gip/ldif/static-file-CE.ldif and if
/opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-pbs has GlueCEStateStatus != Production,
avoid quering pbs , and print the GlueCEStateStatus from
static-file-CE.ldif instead.

 Please correct me if i'm wrong. If i'am correct could the developers
be asked to modify /opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-(pbs|lsf|condor)
according to 1 or 2?

> There is a feature request in savannah  to have a
> tool to do this kind of thing for you.

 So there is no real need for such tool.

 Alex