Dear Colleagues,

I should like to draw your attention to the forthcoming Bicentennial
Conference of the London Geological Society, and in particular to invite you
to submit a contribution to the poster session on Mid-Ocean Ridges which I
am convening.

The conference will be held at the Queen Elizabeth II conference centre,
opposite Westminster Abbey, on 10-12 September 2007, and will feature a host
of  invited talks by international leaders in their fields. The aim is to
present the range of exciting present-day achievements and ongoing work in
the Earth sciences under four concurrent themes. One of these, Earth and
Planetary Interiors, will be linked to the mid-ocean ridge poster session
and will included an invited talk by Joe Cann on “Rapid formation of ocean
lithosphere through complex integration of igneous, hydrothermal and
tectonic processes”.

Please see the conference announcement and draft programme at
http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/gsl/society/bicentenary/bicentenaryconference for
further details.  Abstract submission (deadline 15 June) and meeting
registration (deadline for low-cost registration is 31 May) can be completed
via the same website.

Please forward this information to any relevant colleagues, and accept my
apologies for multiple mailings.

Roger Searle
Department of Earth Sciences,
Durham University,