Dear Christian,

I think I got it. Melodic GUI never use bet, instead, it uses betfunc in pre-processing step. Or, I can choose command line function to do some 'liberal' analysis.

Thank you.

Regards,

wei

pengxu wei <[log in to unmask]> дµÀ£º
Dear Christian,

Thank you. but some further doubts induced from your reply...

(1)

Christian Beckmann <[log in to unmask]> дµÀ£º
when you use the GUI instead of the command line then betfunc is
already used to find the mask which is then being passed to the
melodic binary
but from    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind03&L=FSL&P=R12990&D=0&I=-3&m=418
:  ...thus melodic is always called with the --nobet option when using the GUI.

--So I thought if using the GUI, melodic could not include bet. Is it
right?  And in fact, when I use melodic GUI, the melodic.log always show me --nobet, every time, whether or not I choose bet.

(2)

from http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/bet/index.html:
betfunc COMMAND-LINE SCRIPT...the -f threshold is reduced to 0.3...

--After melodic analysis with command line function, I found in
melodic.log that: Calling BET: /usr/local/fsl/bin/bet /tmp/tcac.0
/tmp/tcac.0_brain -m -f 0.4 > /dev/null

Since -f 0.4 is not 0.3, so I thought that in melodic, bet instead of betfunc is used. Is it right?

hope your clarification.

Regards,
wei

Christian Beckmann <[log in to unmask]> дµÀ£º
Hi,

when you use the GUI instead of the command line then betfunc is
already used to find the mask which is then being passed to the
melodic binary
hope this helps
christian

____