Dear Christian,

  Thank you.

  It is introduced that betfunc uses a -f 0.3 for 4D fmri data while I found bet in Melodic uses a -f 0.4. Bet in melodic cut off the most top slice of my data but betfunc didn't. I think it is better for my data to use betfunc first then pass the mask made to melodic explicitly, as you said.

  Regards,

  wei

Christian Beckmann <[log in to unmask]> дµÀ£º
  Hi

melodic uses a different approach to robustifying bet for 4D data. In
betfund, the inital mask is generated from the first image and then
dilated by 1 voxel in x,y and z before masking all volumes by this
new dilated mask. In melodic the bet outline is found by running bet
on the mean image across time. I have not evaluated the differences
explicitly but guess that they are small. Note that you can always
pass a mask to melodic explicitly by using the -m option
cheers
christian

On 23 May 2007, at 15:49, pengxu wei wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I have read some message in the archive but no answer available.
> betfunc is better than routine bet for 4D fmri data, so whether bet
> in Melodic is betfunc(when using GUI or command line), or just
> routine bet?
>
> Regards,
>
> wei
>
> ÇÀ×¢ÑÅ»¢Ãâ·ÑÓÊÏä3.5GÈÝÁ¿£¬20M¸½¼þ£¡

____
Christian F. Beckmann
University Research Lecturer
Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB)
John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK.
[log in to unmask] http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~beckmann
tel: +44 1865 222551 fax: +44 1865 222717

 ÑÅ»¢Ãâ·ÑÓÊÏä3.5GÈÝÁ¿£¬20M¸½¼þ£¡