We have some first level analysis 1/2 was run with fsl3.2 and is in
analyze format (.hdr/.img), the other 1/2 was run with 3.3 and is in
compressed nifti format (nii.gz)

Off the bat, I'm wondering if this is a "Bad Idea(TM)". I'm
consistently getting an $fmri(VOLUME$rawstats) value of 0, which in
turn causes gnuplot to error out when creating the tsplots.

Looks something like this:

> /Volumes/local/fsl-testing/bin/smoothest -d 13 -m mask -r stats/
> res4d > stats/smoothness
> WARNING: Extreme smoothness detected in X - possibly biased global
> estimate.
> WARNING: Extreme smoothness detected in Y - possibly biased global
> estimate.
> WARNING: Extreme smoothness detected in Z - possibly biased global
> estimate.
>
> rm -f stats/res4d*
>
> /Volumes/local/fsl-testing/bin/avwmaths stats/zstat1 -mas mask
> thresh_zstat1
>
> echo 0 > thresh_zstat1.vol
> zstat1: DLH=nan VOLUME=0 RESELS=nan
>
> /Volumes/local/fsl-testing/bin/avwmaths stats/zstat2 -mas mask
> thresh_zstat2
>
> echo 0 > thresh_zstat2.vol
> zstat2: DLH=nan VOLUME=0 RESELS=nan
>
> mkdir tsplot
>
> /Volumes/local/fsl-testing/bin/tsplot . -f filtered_func_data -o
> tsplot
>
> gnuplot> plot 'tsplot/tsplot_zstat1.txt' using 1 title 'data' with
> lines , 'tsplot/tsplot_zstat1.txt' using 2 title 'cope partial
> model fit' with lines , 'tsplot/tsplot_zstat1.txt' using 3 title
> 'full model fit' with lines
>

>              ^
>          line 0: Can't plot with an empty y range!
>
> convertb: Not a GIF image file (./magicsOMaZK).
> convertb: Missing an image file name.

Is this indicative of a problem with the design or could it be a
result of our mixed input formats?

-james