How many companies are there out there who are the proud owners of this useless bit of kit, original value £6k, current value £0?

Apparently Geotechnical Instruments have ceased to service/calibrate the readout unit, and destroyed all of the calibration codes so that no one else can either. Without calibration the unit is not usable.

Geotechnical Instruments claim to have written to all GI inclinometer readout unit owners about two years ago, spelling out their intentions. We never received anything!

I'd be interested to know of anyone else in a similar situation, and even more interested if they have come up with a solution (which does not involve spending lots of money buying new kit!).

Regards

Jeff

Jeff Mosforth

Jeffrey L Mosforth BSc CEng MICE CGeol FGS
Principal Engineer
Geotechnical Developments (UK) Limited
The Wharf, Marston Doles, Warwickshire CV47 7SS
*: 01926 813747 *: 01926 813302 *:  07740 634268
*: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.geotechnical.co.uk <http://www.geotechnical.co.uk/>

Geotechnical Developments (UK) Limited

Registered Office: The Wharf, Marston Doles, Warwickshire. CV47 7SS

Registered in England No: 3190399

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and it may be privileged.

It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.

If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material immediately.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This e-mail (including all attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only, and must not be re-transmitted in an amended form without our consent. If you have received it in error, please contact us immediately at [log in to unmask] Please then delete it and do not disclose its contents to any other person.

Security and reliability of e-mails are not guaranteed. We operate ant-virus programmes but you must take full responsibility for virus checking this e-mail (including all attachments). Geotechnical Developments (UK) Limited do not accept any liability in respect of any damage caused by any virus which is not detected.

All e-mails to and from anyone @geotechnical.co.uk may be examined for breaches of employee policies and law. All e-mails to anyone @geotechnical.co.uk are communications to the company and not private and confidential to any named individual.