Hi Stephen

The disability advisers at University of Salford are also looking at the screening/educational psychologist referral system we use.  For us with such a high number of dyslexic students there can be a long delay in getting an appointment to see advisers for screenings and follow ups and for to see the educational psychologists during busy times.  Our aim is to streamline the process.  I was just wondering what sort of timeline your students experienced between one of the appointments you mentioned and the getting seen by ed psych with your approach?

If anyone else has experiences to share on how their have improved waiting times for students, I’d be really interested to hear from you.

Thanks

Rachel

Rachel Farrow
Disability Adviser
Equality & Diversity Office
University of Salford
Humphrey Booth House
The Crescent
Salford  M5 4WT
0161 295 2833

http://www.equality.salford.ac.uk/
Focus on Fairness

P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail!