-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kate Dresser
Sent: 17 May 2007 12:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Disability and Guaranteed Job Interviews

I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest how I advise a student whose
query is: Is dyslexia considered to be sufficiently debilitating to
secure in a guaranteed interview when applying for jobs? I have heard it
suggested that only severe dyslexia would be grounds for bringing an
action under the DDA.

Kate

Kate Dresser
Dyslexia Co-ordinator
Disability and Dyslexia Service
Student Support Centre
Cardiff University
50 Park Place
Cardiff CF10 3AT
029 2087 4528
This message is from The National Autistic Society (NAS). The NAS randomly monitors the content of e-mail messages sent and received.
Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not given or endorsed by the NAS unless the author is clearly stated to have authority to bind the charity, and this has been duly verified by e-mailing [log in to unmask]
The NAS is a company limited by guarantee (No. 1205298) registered in England and also a registered charity (No. 269425), its registered office being 393 City Road, London, EC1V 1NG.  www.nas.org.uk