________________________________

From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helen Williams
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 12:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: dyslexic students - Coloured paper or coloured acetate?

We currently provide different colour paper copies for student who have
dyslexia and have a preference for specific colour (blue, pink and
yellow currently being used).  It makes it complicated as we do have a
high number of students with dyslexia, and it has been suggested that
students could or should use coloured acetate with white paper as an
alternative which also has the advantage that it can also be used with
books.

I just wondered what other institutions used and if acetate is an
acceptable alternative to coloured paper if anyone could recommend
anywhere we could obtain this from.

Thanks
Helen Williams
Helen Williams
Secretary
BA & Diploma in Social Work
' 01865 759602
* www.ruskin.ac.uk
* Ruskin Hall, Dunstan Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9BZ
P Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this
email?

This e-mail is confidential to the intended recipients. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and unlawful. The recipient acknowledges that the Royal Agricultural College cannot control the content of information received in transmissions made via the Internet.

Royal Agricultural College (Registered in England No: 99168) & Royal Agricultural College Enterprises Ltd (Registered in England No: 2752048) are the trading names of the Royal Agricultural College

Registered Office: Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 6JS