From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Quinn, Christine
Sent: 04 May 2007 15:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: academic support work and personal care role combined?

Deborah, we have done this via a CSV project in the past and it worked really well.  This was especially helpful when we had students who needed note-taking, library help, mobility, and  care support at the same time.  We set up a project and agreed a budget with the LEA and Social Service departments in advance.  It worked brilliantly for the student as they only had to get to know one set of people.  If you'd rather not use CSVs, you could employ some people, again, setting up a project and agreeing the budget with the authorities concerned.  Job descriptions varied depending upon the needs of the individual, usually drawn together by the student, social worker and myself.

Chris

Christine Y. Quinn
Student Support Services
A21