Hello,

AbilityNet is a national charity with a range of services to help disabled people access technology and the internet.  We also help website owners make their sites as accessible and easy to use as possible and we need your help!

We have a UK network of home testers who have a range of physical, sensory and cognitive disabilities, dyslexia and literacy difficulties, with a range of surfing experience, and we're interested in growing this network as our work in this area grows.

At the moment we are particularly interested in hearing from anyone with dyslexia who may be interested in taking part.

We pay our testers an hourly rate of £10 for their testing (on receipt of their written up findings).  A typical job may be 2 or three hours including write-up time.

The testing is done at home on the tester's own computer and in their own time - with several days to do the job and support by email and/or telephone during working hours.

Occasionally a job requires going to a lab (usually in London).  The pay for these is higher and travel expenses are covered.  The tester may wish to participate in these or simply only do home testing for us.

All that's required is a computer with access to the internet and email.

If you, or someone you know, has an impairment of any kind that (importantly) impacts upon your computer use and would like to be considered please contact [log in to unmask]

We can't promise to take on everyone who may be interested, but please do get in touch.

Thanks very much,

Linda McConnell
Web Team Administrator, on behalf of the AbilityNet Web Team

Tel: +44 (0)1926 312 847

Fax:  +44 (0)1926 407 425

Web: http://www.abilitynet.org.uk

AbilityNet
P.O. Box 94, Birmingham Road, Warwick, Warwickshire CV34 5WS

Registered Charity No. 1067673 Company Limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales No. 3469653
Registered office: Acre House, 11/15 William Road, London NW1 3ER.  VAT No. 380597914

WARNING:  AbilityNet has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, but cannot, however, accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.  You are strongly recommended to carry out your own virus checks.