Would the cost of medication be much cheaper in China? And if this is true,
would it offset the premium for consultations? Best, Andy
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jenny Brady" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:34 AM
Subject: funding for medical treatment abroad

Dear all,

I have a student with Asperger's Syndrome who is travelling to China for
a year abroad in August. His doctor will not allow him to take a year's
worth of medication with him as he needs to have regular reviews, once
every 2 months. We have looked into the availability of psychiatrists
and the medication in Beijing, and it seems that he will still be able
to access this, but at a cost of $110 per consultation. I'm looking into
how the student could get funding for this- any advice would be gladly
received!

Jenny Brady
Disability Coordinator
Equality Service