Hello all

How do others tackle the issue of funding adjustments in work
experience?  We have a student who would like to undertake some work
experience for approximately three weeks during the summer, however
I've been informed that this could not come from DSA (as it is
unrelated to his course) or Access to Work (as this is an unpaid work
experience placement).

Just interested to know if others have found any other sources - the
student needs 24 hour care and is allocated direct payments from social
services to fund this care, however the DSA currently meets all NMH
(and other) costs arising from educaton.  Is there an argument for SS
to pay for this type of support as well?

Any thoughts or previous experience welcome!

Thanks

Emma

Emma Price
Disability Co-ordinator King's College London

--
Emma Price