Has anyone else seen the article on the BBC website "Staff asked to snoop for police"?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6675335.stm

Surely that idea would not only breach the provisions of the DPA but would totally ride rough shod over it.

On the bright side, at least I know I'm not paranoid, .....people are watching me!

Sarah Bremer
Compliance Monitoring Officer
University of Wolverhampton Business School
Telford Campus 's
Telford
Shropshire
TF2 9NT
Tel: (01902) 323876

This email, together with any attachment, is for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged information. Any use, disclosure or reproduction without the sender’s explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful.
Any e-mail including its content and any attachments may be monitored and used by The University of Wolverhampton for reasons of security and for monitoring internal compliance with the University's policy on internet use. E-mail blocking software may also be used. The University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.
If you believe you have received this message in error please notify the sender by email, telephone or fax and destroy the message and any copies.

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]