Apologies for cross-posting...

Please circulate

We would like to inform you that the deadline for submissions to Issue
#9: archives / filing has been extended to August 15. Abstracts should
be sent before end of June.

Organdi Quarterly (www.organdi.net ) is a peer-reviewed
interdisciplinary journal. It is free and international. Organdi
Quarterly focuses on cultural issues of our time, is open to all forms
of creation (painting, photography, cinema, video, music, writing...),
and proposes a criticism on the evolution of societies.

In the context of the constantly accelerating pace of our lives,
progress in terms of storage capacity, editing, and publishing has
expanded the possibilities for filing and the constitution of
archives. A tool to explore and understand the past, archives have
also become an essential element of self-definition for people.
Citizens and communities build their own archives consumers store
personal memories (emails, photos etc); and contemporary art, in a
search for intelligibility and history, uses the archive as a material
and a site of inquiry.

This special issue seeks to investigate the contemporary need for
archives. Possible topics include, but are not limited to: archives as
sites of inquiry for history, critical theory, or anthropology;
archives as a source of inspiration or political protest; the legal
and political issues of filing; the technological use of filing
devices and software.

As usual, other contributions unrelated to the theme of the issue will
be considered for the following sections of Organdi Quarterly:

Letters to the Editors,

Espace Libre (articles, interviews, documents),

Books, Music, Cinema & the Arts (cultural reviews),

Out of Frame (exhibitions).

etc.

Deadline: 15/08/2007

Please visit our site at www.organdi.net

Please send all contributions to [log in to unmask] with "CONTRIBUTION"
in the title

For questions, send an e-mail to [log in to unmask] with "QUESTION" in the title

Best regards,

the Editors of Organdi Quarterly