Hi Tim,

>You can currently set the start number, but not gaps, within Analysis by
>editing the chain fragment start number on the molecular system editor.

Gotcha. Pretty discreet ;-) Quick note to other people who may be
following this thread: you must click on "update full annotations" in
the peak draw parameters for it to affect your annotations and shiftlists.

Another aside: negative residue numbers are ordered by absolute value in
the shift lists (eg if the start number is negative and you order by residue
number, you get -1,-2,-3..., 0, 1, 2, 3...).

>At some stage there will be an intermediate annotation level, which will
>give something like: "77N Hd21 Nd". Hopefully this will better. The
>trouble is coming up with a system that can cope when the different peak
>dims are from different residues. I can also add options to have the amino
>acid before or after the number and either three- or one-letter codes.
Great! IMO the more customization options, the better!
I didn't think about the interresidue crosspeak problem.
Maybe a dedicated minimal 'publication' annotation just
for the *commonly* printed intraresidual spectra (HSQC, COSY,TOCSY)?

>In Menu::Window::MappedSpectra try toggling the symbol drawn column.
Thanks, works perfectly.

>> an option to display peaks a little larger (say + 50%) would greatly
>> increase their better visibility?
>
>Do you mean to change the spectrum data, rather than the cross
>or annotations?

I'm afraid I meant the spectrum data (shame on me!) OK, guess it was a bad
idea. I just thought that it would be much easier to print a whole spectrum
(for presentation, not publication of course!) if the peaks were
"oversized". Using inserts would probably be the proper way to do it.