I have cross posted this as I am not sure where the problem or the
solution lies.
There seems to be a problem in the way memory is used when running Aria
using CCPN data.  I have run several aria jobs using my analysis project
and writing the data back into analysis at the end.  It has now got to
the stage where starting Aria takes 24 hours on my brand new 2GB of
memory dual processor machine, although this is only 7-8 minutes of
elapses CPU on the python job.  My analysis project directory (ie not
including the spectra directory) is 637MB compared to about 250MB for
the project before.  However when I start an aria job python fills up
the 2GB and much of the swap space and crawls.  Once the CNS jobs start
some of the memory is freed up and performance is OK, but even then
python has large amounts of memory.

Any suggestions?
Nick
--

Dr Nicholas H. Keep
Reader in Structural Biology

email     [log in to unmask]
Telephone 020-7631-6852  (Room G57 Office)
           020-7631-6868  (Rosalind Franklin Laboratory)
           020-7631-6800  (Department Office)
Fax       020-7631-6803
If you want to access me in person you have to come to the
crystallography entrance
and ring me or the department office from the internal phone by the door