Here is one approach:

1. Export the movie frame png files from Pymol or other movie-making
program.
2. Use ImageMagick to mogrify the files to gifs
3. Combine the gifs into an animated gif using the ImageMagick convert
-adjoin command (you can put together several different sequences using
the adjoin command, and put pauses between adjoined segments here, if
you wish.
4. Use Fast Movie Processor 1.41 (shareware) to convert bloated animated
GIF into a compact avi file that will work natively in Powerpoint.

Steps 1-3 can be done in Linux, if desired, but there is also a Windows
version of ImageMagick. FMP is a windows utility. I have more detailed
instructions on using the mogrify and convert commands to generate the
animated GIFs if you need them, but I'm not near my written notes at the
moment. Powerpoint will do animated GIFs but they are REALLLLLLLLLY
SLOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Cheers,

Roger S. Rowlett
Professor