Thank you all for your suggestions.  Unfortunately I am still stuck with the segmentation fault problem.

The swap partition is mounted fine.

Setting max_chains to a lower number does nothing.

There’s nothing wrong with my selection criteria (0 atoms were selected as rigid groups, 36 for annealing)

I tried systematically deleting parts of the pdb input file, then rerunning generate.inp and then anneal.inp.  That worked fine for my ligand alone (as I understand it, given the right toppar inputs, CNS should be able to run torsion dynamics on my ligand – am I right?), but the protein component caused failure again.  I can’t spot a problem by looking so I’m at a bit of a loss.

Any more ideas?

Sincerely

Jean