Thanks Pierre. Its good to have more than one idea.

I'd had a similar private idea - basically to have a pull-down menu of
all keywords (there's a slight issue that ccp4i tasks tend to include
several programs).

My feeling is that segregating the expert options into folder(s) under
global control is less work for us. You, Dear User, shouldn't care about
that, but it means that it is more likely to get done.