Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 14:38:42 +0100
From: Stephen Brian Carr <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: refmac crashes when ncs restraints applied

Dear CCP4 users,

I am running refmac 5.2.0019 in ccp4 6.0.2 on a model that contains four
monomers per asymmetric unit. The resolution of the data is 2.5 Angstrom
so I want to apply ncs restraints.  When I define each chain
as an ncs group in refmac and attempt to run a refinement the program
crashes with the message

#CCP4I TERMINATION STATUS 0 child killed: segmentation violation
#CCP4I TERMINATION TIME 30 May 2007  15:49:42
#CCP4I MESSAGE Task failed

looking at the log file suggests that the program had only read in the
pdb file and done nothing else before crashing.

Refinement runs without ncs restraints runs fine, also running an
identical job in ccp4 6.0.1 (refmac 5.2.0019) with ncs restraints also
runs fine.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I am operating on a linux PC running Suse 10.2

Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions as to how to get around
this.

Steve Carr