Apologies for cross posting

Dear all,

In our preparation for the next years events calendar, we are currently
investigating ideas about new skills and subject knowledge that we need
to equip ourselves with, as the role of art librarians evolves. For
example, do those in the Creative Industries find themselves needing to
acquire/support business/finance/bidding skills? And how can we help
with supporting those skills? Are you finding your role changing and
being asked to provide access to databases such as Lexis Nexis?

We'd like to hear from anyone who has found that the focus of courses/or
users that they support has changed, to ascertain if there is some
interest/need in this area (with an Arts Focus)

I look forward to hearing from you, and please also contact me if you
have any other suggestions about events or visits we could organise.

Thanks

Mandy Cumbridge MA, MCLIP

Learning & Research Support Co-ordinator (School of Arts)

Library Information Services, University Library

City University

Northampton Square

London EC1V 0HB

T: 020 7040 4167

E: [log in to unmask]

W: www.city.ac.uk/library <http://www.city.ac.uk/library>

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits
please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2007 at
http://www.arlis.org.uk/even/