I am currently working on a dissertation paper on archival ethics for my MA
in Archives and Records Management at UCL.  I am looking at case studies
relating to ethical issues which have arisen in the profession, alongside a
number of the English language Codes of Ethics.  My primary aim is to
establish whether there are any gaps in the Codes in relation to what is
actually happening in
the profession, as well as whether the Codes cover issues that do not
generally arise in the day-to-day work of the archivist.

I am interested in gathering information on case studies of both large-scale
national cases and the smaller day-to-day ones.  Obtaining information on
smaller scale issues, though, is obviously a rather difficult task as they
are very rarely documented.  For this reason, I would be greatly
appreciative if
anyone has any information on ethical dilemmas they have faced in the
archival profession that they would be willing to share with me.  Of course,
any responses will be treated as confidential and no personal details will
be disclosed in any of the work I submit.

Please send any replies off list to [log in to unmask]

Many thanks,
Rachael

https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/