And, I would add that if the nephrologist is only following the trend, then it makes little difference what age is used to calculate the eGFR, as long as it is done consistently.

Roger

From: Mohammad Al-Jubouri [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:54 AM
To: Bertholf, Roger; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: R: MDRD-related question

Roger,

I couldn't agree more, however an eGFR figure is generated by our labs with each serum creatinine these days regradless of the clinical scenario. If nephrologists follow the trend of changes in serum creatinine in renal transplants patients, I can see no problem with them looking at eGFR figures also, as these are essentially derived from serum creatinine values.

Best wishes

Mohammad

Dr. M A Al-Jubouri
Consultant Chemical Pathologist