I have been asked by a GP with a patient who has CFS about the value of,
the accuracy of, the following tests, and if they reflect what they are
claimed to do.

I can find no peer reviewed strong evidence for the usefulness of any of
them, and wondered if there is a colleague out there with more knowlegde
they are able to provide about these "fringe" tests. I have informed the
GP of my reservations/concerns, so any useful information would be
welcomed by us both.

Coenzyme Q10
ATP levels
ADP to ATP conversion efficiency and ADP-ATP translocator
cell-free DNA
Niacin
Superoxide dismutase

Looking at the cost of getting these measured, £175, I can't see these
being done regularly under the PbR incidative tariff for Clinical
Biochemistry!

Regards
Gary Mascall
Consultant in Clinical Biochemistry