From: Dr. Michael Steiner [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 May 2007 11:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Universal or selective reporting of anion gap ?

Dear colleagues,

May I ask those of you reporting anion gap results if this is being done
universally, or only in the presence of acidosis or even more restricted
only if it concerns metabolic acidosis ?

Thank you for your input.

Mike

Dr Michael Steiner
University of Rostock
Institute of Clinical Chemistry & Laboratory Medicine
D-18057 Rostock
GERMANY

ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk