They don't look much like Ascaris to me - should be spherical, and where are the knobbles over the surface? I thought of Oxyurus (a horse parsite) becaue they have one opening, but in a bog core? Hardly likely, and they don't look right anyway. Invertebrate eggs, some hatched, perhaps - but if so the chance of identifying rather featureless ones is very small.

Harry Kenward.

Department of Archaeology,
University of York,
The King's Manor,
York YO1 7EP
UK.

Telephone: 01904 433905
Email [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Harry Kenward.