From: Support issues for windows in UK HE & FE [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Wiser
Sent: 04 April 2007 12:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: VGA over IP?

We want to put a screen somewhere in our building that shows the status of various systems.  I’d rather not have a complete PC sitting idle next to the screen so was wondering whether it would be feasible to set up some sort of virtual machine in the server room that points to a kind of virtual monitor, something that transmits the video signal over IP to a box next to the monitor which translates the IP back into a video signal.

Anyone come across such a device?

Tim.

--
Tim Wiser
Network Administrator

Pennine Healthcare / Ivor Shaw Ltd
City Gate, London Road
Derby, Derbyshire. DE24 8WY
United Kingdom

www.penninehealthcare.com
Phone +44 (0)1332 794880
Fax +44 (0)1332 794890

DDI +44 (0)1332 794885

This email and any attachments to it contain information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender and delete the email from your records. Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by Pennine Healthcare or Ivor Shaw Ltd in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate. Pennine Healthcare and Ivor Shaw Ltd do not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Pennine Healthcare, registered company 1880762 (Cardiff)
Ivor Shaw Ltd, registered company 755641 (London)

Save paper - Do you really need to print this?

believed to be clean.