Morning all.

Does any one have a quality standard for their VLE?  We now have an established VLE (Moodle since you ask)
rolled out across all curriculum areas, and visible and relevant in some way at least to all students (whether for their own course, or as the portal for College info and generic resources).  Even a cursory look (and we allow our users to roam fairly freely across course areas) shows great inconsistency - eg some areas
are rarely updated, have no clear structure or roadmap, resources are obviously out-of-date (or undated, unsourced, incomplete etc).

What we'd like to set up and aspire to is some kind of service level standard or quality mark - we already work to the Matrix standard (http://www.matrixstandard.com/) for information advice and guidance services, which covers some of this; and there are various Web design/accessibility standards and checks you can run (though again I'd welcome suggestions for the most appropriate);  but what about the pedagogy or at least teaching practice embodied in a VLE course - eg does it have a clear roadmap, is there a range of resources, does it give a sense of distance travelled, is it dynamic, etc etc?

Suggestions or ideas welcome, either for appropriate external standards, or from your own quality procedures.  What I'm thinking of ought to be generic enough to apply to any learning platform/VLE (not merely Moodle installations), and to be transferable.

Tony