Dear Jeong/All -

If you want to read Neuromag MEG *.FIF files into SPM, you can try the attached converters.

Note that they utilise Uetela's mex files, which you need to download and install from http://ltl.tkk.fi/~kuutela/meg-pd/

The main function is spm_eeg_rdata_FIF306.m. This can read in FIF averaged or raw files.

It also extracts the sensor positions and orientations in Head space, as well as HPI coil positions and any isotrak points (if you want to attempt source localisation). It also reads in EOG channels, though this part is less flexible.

It requires the SPM EEG template file (for Display), ie FIF306_setup.mat, to be put into your EEGtemplates subdirectory of your SPM5 installation. (If you want to see how this template was created, then the spm_eeg_create_neuromag_montage.m is the simple script that was used).

Finally, if you want this converter to be an option via the GUI, then you will need the updated spm_eeg_converteeg2mat.m function attached.

NB: It has only been tested on *.FIF data from a 306 channel NeuroMag VectorView system, so may not work for *.FIF data from other machines!

It has not been tested extensively, so there may be bugs - please email me if you find any! (If people are generally happy with it, I will ask Stefan to include it in the next updates for SPM5.)

Rik

> Hello all!
>

> I got MEG results as '.fif' file format using NEUROMAG machine. Now I'm
> trying to analyze them with SPM5. But I'm in trouble with converting
> data file format.
>
> Could anyone tell me how to convert '.fif. file format to NIFTI file
> format?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>

> JEONG TAE KIM

Dr Richard Henson