good morning,

I have a matrix with 2 groups, 15 subjects per group, same task.

there is one task variable and one baseline variable per subject.

to look at one group task (first column) minus baseline (second column), I'm
putting in a contrast of
1 -1 1 -1 1 -1 ...for 15 subjects
no problem

for second group
0 0 0 0 0 ... for 15 subjects, then 1 -1 1 -1 1 -1 ...for 15 subjects
no problem.

now I'd like to look at strictly subtracting  the task from group one minus
the task from group 2 without doing a double subtraction (without
subtracting baseline).

1 0 1 0 1 0....15subjects, -1 0 -1 0 -1 0.... 15 subjects

and I'm getting an invalid contrast error.

is this an invalid contrast and why?

if It's a machine thing, I'm using matlab 6.5, XP, SPM2

thanks you for any ideas.

sophie

--
Sophie Josee Lafaille, B.Sc.(Hons.), M.Sc.
Research Officer II, Speech Fluency Laboratory 1059