Hi Karl,

Indeed - an even simpler way to view this is that if you view this as
a 2-group t-test the question comes up of whether to estimate
different variances for the two "groups" or not, which is clearly a
problem if you do try to. By running the analysis through GLM instead
you are implicitly making the decision to pool variance across all
subjects, hence the "problem" does not arise.

Cheers, Steve.

---

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
---