Hello Maybe if you look at the controls at a slightly reduced threshold you
would see bilateral activations. That is, the right-sided activations in
this group might be pretty strong but might not quite survive the corrected
thresholding. In effect, they may not be that much less than the
right-sided activations in the patients, hence the lack of difference at
the stringent threshold when you do the groupwise comparison.

Best wishes
Paul Fletcher