Here are the quotations for this week (April 22nd to 28th)

1. The old Tower musket went off with a bang, and a young buffalo bellowed in pain.
'More sorcery!' shouted the villagers. 'He can turn bullets. Buldeo, that was thy buffalo.'

2. .There were seven native policemen in Tibasu, and four crazy smooth-bore muskets among them. All the men were gray with fear, but not beyond leading. Michele dropped the key of the telegraph instrument, and went out, at the head of his army, to meet the mob....

3. ...He showed me his weapon - a Tower musket bearing date 1832 and the stamp of the Honourable East India Company....A diabolical inspiration came to me. One of the brats, a boy about eight years old, was watching me as he sang. I pulled out a rupee, held it between finger and thumb, and looked - only looked - at the gun against the wall...he held out his hand for the money, and then slid the gun to my hand...'

The sources of last week's extracts (Apr 15th to 21st) are as follows:

1. ('...Hark ye, Ben. Here is the sun going up to over-run and possess all Heaven for evermore...)  This is from "Proofs of Holy Writ".

2.  ('...Then he wrote, muttering:-

"the little smoke of a candle that goes out".  This is from "Wireless", in A Diversity of Creatures.

3.  ('...Can't you imagine the sunlight just squeezing through between the handle and the hole and wobbling about as the ship moves?'...)  This is from "The Finest Story in the World" in Many Inventions.

Good wishes to all., John R