-----Original Message-----
From: psci-com: on public engagement with science
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lesley Newson
Sent: 24 April 2007 14:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] white coat - icon for science?

Well Michael,

From that statement, it is clear you are not a scientist! I guess it must
be possible to be a good communicator of science without understanding the
pride of wearing a white coat!

It may not be a symbol any more but when I realised that I was a
scientist, it gave me a thrill to wear it.  Does anyone else understand
this?

Lesley

> Do they really make them out of canvas?
>

> One scientists recently complained in an interview of bring forced to wear
> one for a TV crew. Or maybe it was a photographer.

> Michael Kenward
>
> ABSW e-minder
>
> http://www.absw.org.uk
>
> http://absw.blogspot.com/
>

>   _____

Lesley Newson
University of Exeter School of Psychology
http://www.people.ex.ac.uk/ln202