Doug,

I might sample, if I'm already at the National Gallery of Art for a film.

Otherwise, I should say that I've seen her previously in person and have
read some of her writing.  I remain utterly unconvinced.  The only way to
stomach a reading of Christmas poetry selected by her and Harold Bloom
(which I attended to experience those two directly) was to camp on it.
Since there was another occasion in Wash DC during which I witnessed Harold
Bloom challenged from the audience (he sputtered and eventually refused to
continue), I can imagine Helen Vendler having a similar experience.

Why she was chosen to deliver these lectures rather than generative art
historians such as Moira Roth or Annette Michelson remains a mystery.

Barry