Forwarding this (abridged) about Melbourne's west from Max in Melbourne's
east...note their use of the word 'pros'...

The 2007 Williamstown Literary Festival will be held on May 4th to 6th at
the Williamstown Town Hall. This not-for-profit community event aims to
showcase established and emerging writers of the western suburbs, along with
national and international writers, and our focus is to involve residents of
the western suburbs and the wider community, while at the same time
promoting local businesses.

You will find more information about the Festival, and updates on the
program, at: www.willylitfest.org.au <http://www.willylitfest.org.au/> . If
you have any questions, please email:  [log in to unmask]

 Some sessions have become fixed on the program due to popularity. The
participatory nature of our festival is something we pride ourselves on.

Participation sessions
Peoplešs Choice Awards:
This session allows writers to read a small extract from their own work.
The Bookclubs
There are three bookclubs.
The Classic Bookclub is to be hosted by Robin Grove and will discuss Jane
Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
The Modern Bookclub is to be hosted by Warren Whitney and will discuss Suite
Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky.
The Harry Potter bookclub has been described as "like speed dating for Harry
Potter nerds".
Workshops
Bring your pen and paper and be inspired by the pros:

*    Poetry Writing with Alison Croggon
*    Writing about the personal with Terry Monagle
*    Song writing with Barry Carozzi
*    A session for primary aged children on writing by Claire Saxby
*    Script writing with Jutta Goetze