Thank you one and all for the various wonderful responses and tangents to
the wheel barrow diptych, and the blog photograph, etc.  Ironically, while
leading a workshop of elders, I decided for the first time in my mostly
Black Mountain - NY School- West Coast (USA) shaped writing life -for the
group to take on the challenge of a Villanelle. And that I would write one,
too. It was absolute fun, he confesses, tho I suspect I broke a few of the
rules. Appreciate any comments, or whatever!!

Water romps back to charm its source

She sings like an angel, hot tar ablaze, her syllables shimmer

Something got broken, tortured of course

The pregnant doe tangled in barbwire does not flourish

Its golden hide in cold spotted blood once at full simmer

Water romps back to charm its source

A ring of bone loves a heart that is porous

The monkıs forehead sweats into a shiny glimmer

Something got broken, tortured of course

Three wicked brothers are singularly and totally boisterous

A beat-up brother is possessed by a sustained tremor

Water romps back to charm its source

Something got broken, tortured of course

Love touches an angel, no one hears the doe whimper

One gathers the Republic to say itıs gotten terrible, even worse

The dispersed and estranged scatter to gather a new chorus

Gold and silver voices rise on high to cast out the dimmer

Water romps back to charm its source

Something got broken, tortured of course.

Stephen Vincent
http://stephenvincent.net/blog/