I think you've gone a way to getting the barrow back - I think Molly
Malone had a fair grasp of it, as well as WCW, and we have to remember
that until *relatively* recently, in the US/UK/Australia at least, the
barrow had a far greater presence in everyday life as a work tool in
city streets. Still does in other parts of the world. And I've always
loved those wooden barrows with removable slats in the sides - grab a
gardening book from the 20s or 30s and you'll see one. I saw one in an
antique shop a while back - cost a poultice to buy an idea of work it
seemed to me...

caleb