Me too.  Especially since I "got" your usage upon first reading it.
Therefore the more arcane derivations offered by the "Urban Dictionary"
were what excited my longstanding interest in the etymology of slang.  I'm
surprised that Robin Hamilton hasn't yet supplied the definitive discourse
on "fadge" and "Captain Fudge" from the post-academic world of
linguistics.  Barry