I like China Mieville a lot. He's called "new weird' or steampunk. I
probably like his short stories Looking for Jake best of all - haven't got
to his new YA novel yet.

Blaise Cendrars' Moravagine would be on my list. Maybe you could stick
Bataille in as a weird critic.

Best

--
Editor, Masthead:  http://www.masthead.net.au