I didn't see the movie, but I think veh or feh is just the German
Weh=woe. Germans still say O Weh in situations wher they might also say
Scheiße=shit, another variant being Au weiha. Weh(e) alone is a kind of
warning or admonition in modern German, and I suggest that's what the
granny was doing.
mj