The spider is sudden, like a vowel.

Maybe part of the 'frisson' here is that "vowels" normally do not speed
things up (as in "sudden") but, more often than not, slow down and pace the
stream of consonants. So there might be a lovely - sleight of hand -
contradiction that you have managed to employ, Caleb. Thought the "e" in
your name is pretty quick in comparison to the "a" - a "sudden" realization,
I see!

Stephen V
http://stephenvincent.net/blog/