I saw this in the Guardian yesterday and thought about posting the link, but
didn't want to be propagating anti-Romanian sentiment:
< http://arts.guardian.co.uk/theatre/news/story/0,,2061221,00.html >

Apparently, some people got scammed by a troupe of 'Spanish' dancers: while
their attention was fixed on the dancing, someone went rummaging and
pilfering...

Reading Geoffrey's forwarded story, it occurred to me that Kazim Ali is
complaining about the alarm-raiser jumping to conclusions on the basis of
limited information that he should have been able to read better, but in
making this claim he seems to be doing just the same thing. He seems no more
able to imagine from the other's point of view than the other is faulted for
being unable to do with respect to the original incident.

Both stories can be read either as 'scandalously insensitive' or 'very
funny'. I wonder if that's *because* they are arts-related, or is it the
ambiguity that *makes* them arty?