I, for one, have written great poetry while employed by a university. I've
also written shit. Jon, you imply, but do not state, a Rule for Poets. I
suggest that you are committing the fallacy of generalizing from too little
data. And general characterizations like "academia" are suspect on their
face. How many colleges & universities are there in the
Anglo-American-European world? And they are all bad for poets? That's what
your squib implies.

jd

On 4/16/07, Caleb Cluff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What Joe says, redoubled.
>
> caleb

Joseph Duemer
Professor of Humanities