>Works for me - although Deleuze, rather than Badiou, is probably the
>go-to guy for continental musings on Lewis Carroll...

Every now and again the opinion is aired in the French literary press that
Carroll was far too intelligent to be English. . .  Deleuze was writing The
Logic of Sense in the middle of a Carroll boom in France due to Sylvie and
Bruno being translated for the first time.

Sylvie and Bruno works for me  - the Gardener: I thought I saw an elephant
play upon the fife / I looked again and saw it was a letter from my wife....

- edmund

>*The Hunting of the Snark*, P tricky P. Life before the Boojum was
>straightforwardly mundane - the B changed all that, casting an ominous
>light of weord/wyrd upon the human strivings represented by the hunting;
>as Dom says " a novel truth - an enormity - which is then retroactively
>normalised" - "For the Snark *was* a Boojum, you see".
>You see?

Works for me - although Deleuze, rather than Badiou, is probably the
go-to guy for continental musings on Lewis Carroll...

Dominic