Dear Ates,

I believe your message was quite clear, and I don't believe that I
misunderstood.  My comments were not directed toward your note, really. Only
an added comment to Chris's note, which I liked a lot. I think you
understand these matters very well.

I believe I was thinking of my own undergraduate students and how I may talk
with them about the use of on-line materials.  And I was also thinking about
the Nussbaum blog and its relationship to NextDesign.

So, I owe you thanks, too, for raising the issue in such an intelligent way
and allowing me to put further words to some things in my mind. I apologize
if what I said seemed to be directed toward you. Perhaps we have all gotten
a bit sensitive to comments on the list right now that may seem critical. It
is a fine list for just sharing ideas and testing out words--as we do in the
corridors around conferences.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Buchanan