From: Discussion and support list for PDP UK Network members on behalf of Sarah Morey
Sent: Thu 19/04/2007 9:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: PDP for Postgraduate researchers

Dear all
I am interested to find out what resources and systems are in place across the sector in terms of PDP for Postgraduate Researchers (PGRs).
I am aware that UKGRAD has a database of practice but I wonder if there are other things going on in institutions that people would be willing to share with me?
It would also be useful to know about any research or evaluation anyone has done in this field, particularly if you have any feedback from PGRs about how they view PDP, if they value it etc.

Here at Reading we are re-evaluating what we offer to our PGRs and also looking at how we can engage both staff and students with PDP at this level.  Currently we use a Postgraduate Skills Log (in paper format) that we purchased from UCL and we have also have a proactice Careers Service who run workshops and produce resources for PGRs.  We have Doctoral Training Programmes that cover other aspects of the Joint Skills Statement and various ad hoc initiatives at Department and School level.

Any information, ideas, reflections you can offer would be very gratefully received.  I can share my findings with the list if people will find that useful.

Many thanks
Sarah

Sarah Morey
Learning Support Officer
Centre for the Development of Teaching and Learning
Room 4 Humss
Whiteknights Campus
University of Reading
RG6 6AA