BBC Scotland

Dear All

My name is Arifa Farooq I work for a current affairs programme called Frontline for BBC Scotland. I'm looking into the issue of skin whitening products and the illegality of many of these products due to the toxic ingredients they contain. I understand this is not a new issue in England but its presence north of the border has been pretty recent.

In order to understand the damage it can cause, I am looking to talk to people who have used these products and suffered as a result. This is so far proving to be immensely difficult due to the secrecy that surrounds the usage of such creams. I was wandering at all if you could suggest or indeed know of case studies, as I think I've more or less exhausted every avenue.

Also I'm interested in speaking to anyone who is involved in any campaign work to educate people about the dangers of indiscriminate use of these products.

I would appreciate any direction you could provide.

Thanks a million!

Arifa Farooq
FRONTLINE
Room 316 | BBC Scotland  | Queen Margaret Drive | Glasgow G12 8DG
T: +44 (0) 141 338 3549
E: [log in to unmask]

http://www.bbc.co.uk